PURPOSE AAMD Education and Research Foundation has established the Education Travel Grant program to subsidize the costs of meeting attendance for CMD members who could not otherwise participate in an AAMD event. Travel awards will not exceed $2,500 for an AAMD Annual or regional meeting. The total amount awarded will be based on the financial needs of the applicant.
WHAT IS COVERED Grant funds will be used to cover meeting registration, flight or ground travel and hotel reservations for up to 6 nights (if attending the pre-conference workshops). Food and incidental charges from the hotel are not covered by grant funds.
CRITERIA Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for an Education Travel Grant.
- Maintain active AAMD member status (during application and award process).
- Demonstrate financial and CE credit need.
- Endorsement of their current Administrator.
- A current Certified Medical Dosimetrist (CMD).
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS Grant applicants must complete the online application including the essay portion that addresses the following information:
- Reason for attending the AAMD annual meeting and impact on professional practice.
- The purpose of requesting aid and a statement of professional growth.
- The budget of anticipated expenses for the annual meeting.
- Demonstrate CE credit need.
Additional Documents Required
- Letter of endorsement from the applicant’s institution and a copy of their travel reimbursement policies.